- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Easy Homemade M&M Almond Cookie Bars Recipe
Recently, I’ve been using oil instead of butter to bake cookies. I tried it with regular cookies and it worked well, so I thought I try it with cookie bars. While going through my pantry, I found some almonds and M&M’s. Now, you don’t have to use oil for this recipe; you can just use regular butter (vegetable oil actually has 300 calories more a cup then unsalted butter), but oil is easily to work with. I made this recipe using a whisk and a spatula; no need for an egg beater or standing mixer. But if you prefer butter, I included the right amount for it.
1 cup roasted and salted almonds (chopped or crushed)
1 cup plain M&M’s
1 cup whole wheat flour
1¼ cups All-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt (1 teaspoon if you’re using unsalted almonds)
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup vegetable oil (or 2 sticks of unsalted butter)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a small mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine brown and white sugars, oil (or butter), and vanilla extract.
4. Mix together until well blended.
5. Add eggs one at a time.
6. In three batches add flour mixture to sugar and egg mixture.
7. Fold in almonds and M&M’s.
8. Spray a large 10x13 baking dish with butter flavored cooking spray.
9. Spread cookie dough evenly into baking dish.
10. Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cookie comes out clean.
11. Let cool for 15-30 minutes before cutting into 2 inches squares.
More Dessert Recipes by Edgar Arkham
- Baked Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Here is a recipe for a baked peanut butter pie, made in a similar fashion as a cheesecake or pumpkin pie Enjoy!
- Chocolate Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Cracker C...
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
Here is a recipe for a peanut butter cheesecake with chocolate chips and a chocolate topping. Enjoy!
- Homemade Steel Cut Oat Scones with Chocolate Chips
Here is a recipe for chocolate chip scones made with steel cut oats. Enjoy!
- Homemade Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
This is my recipe for whole wheat oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chips. They're more healthy than plain cookies and taste great. Enjoy!
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies or ...
This is my recipe for whole wheat peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!
- Homemade Sugar Cookies and Frosting Recipe
Here is a recipe for sugar cookies and frosting. Enjoy!