Easy Honey and Raisins Bread Pudding
Please take a moment to rate my recipe
A quick dessert for your guests
If you have cooked something lavish for your guests whom you have invited for a dinner but you are racking your brains to figure out what will you cook for dessert, well then your search ends here. This bread pudding recipe is definitely very simple. Moreover the ingredients used in this pudding are so common that they are always present in your kitchen shelves and refrigerator. So you can see how easy it is to prepare this pudding. Although it may appear humble, but this pudding can taste awesome.
Guys, if you want to offer some simple and light dessert to your guests after a grand meal here comes the recipe of the right dessert to fit the bill.
This simple bread pudding recipe has passed on from one generation to the next in our family. This pudding holds its rightful position in every social gathering in our house. When you will prepare this pudding you will discover that this particular bread pudding is so easy that it can be made now and then for treating yourself, your family and your friends. Happy baking guys! Stay happy, stay healthy!
- 4 slices Honey and Raisins Bread
- 1/4th cup Butter
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Dust Sugar
- 1/4th teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 cup Black Raisins
- 1 cup Almonds and Cashew, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Put milk in a saucepan and bring it to a boil and add butter in the milk. Melt the butter in the milk. Slightly thicken the milk.
- Put the bread slices in the boiling milk. Stir to make a thick paste. Turn off the heat.
- In a separate mixing bowl beat the eggs first for about 5 minutes.
- Then add sugar, salt, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and honey. Blend them well.
- Pour the bread mixture into the batter. Add raisins and nuts. Blend them into a thick paste.
- Grease a 9 inch round baking pan with butter. Pour the batter in the greased pan and bake it for about 40 minutes.
- Bring out the pudding from the oven. It will have a very rich golden brown color. Cool it off on a cooling rack.
- After it has become cold, slice it off with a knife. Carefully bring out the slices from the baking pan with the help of the knife. Place them on the dessert serving plates. Serve them hot or cold with drizzles of honey and raisins on top. Happy Eating Guys!!!
Some helpful tips
- Although it can be served hot or cold, this pudding tastes great when served hot.
- Although I have used Honey and Raisins Bread, you can even use plain white bread.
- I used 4 slices of bread. You can use up to 6 bread slices.
- You can also use 2% milk if you prefer health over taste. I personally prefer whole milk because it gives a rich taste to the pudding.
- You may omit cinnamon powder from this recipe if you do not like your pudding to become spicy.
- Apart from drizzling honey on top of the pudding you can also serve it with whipping cream, apple sauce or vanilla ice cream. The pudding will taste even better.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||324|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 36 g||55%|
|Saturated fat 21 g||105%|
|Carbohydrates 50 g||17%|
|Sugar 29 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 11 g||22%|
|Sodium 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Check out my other desserts
For interesting dessert options you may also like the following links:
- Simplest Vanilla Sponge Cake with Candy Toppings
A basic vanilla sponge cake with multi-colored candy toppings which makes it delicious as well as colorful. Everybody will love it.
- Nutty Coconut Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
A simple carrot cake with a delicious twist of coconut flavor smothered in deliciously tempting cream cheese frosting makes it a must have recipe in everybody's kitchen
- How to Make the Easiest Valentine's Day Chocolate Cake
This yummilicious finger-licking chocolate cake is sure to win the heart of your soulmate.
Vanilla Pudding Recipe
If you are interested in making soft vanilla pudding recipe, you can see this video. This pudding is also very simple and takes much less time to cook because you do not have to bake this pudding. Have a look.
© 2014 Deblina Banerjee