- Food and Cooking
Delicious Apple Recipe Ideas
Just Delicious Apples, and more!
Who loves apples?
Apple tart is one of my favourite desserts. Served with cream, custard or ice-cream.
Apple Tart- loved by most.
Enjoying a little something sweet after the main course.
Some people never eat puddings. If one eats a small portion and in balance and do not over indulge, it can be a blessing!
Apples Inspire Us To Stay Healthy!
Some Random Facts
- Apples are a part of the rose family, so are pears and plums. There are more than 2,500 varieties of apples grown in the U.S.
- .7,500 varieties of apples grown around the world.
- Top apple-producing countries are China, the U.S., Turkey, Poland, and Italy.
- Dwarf apple trees shorter height makes them easier to maintain and harvest.
- On average one person eats 65 apples each year.
- It is thought that apples originated in central Asia.
- Average apple contains 10 seeds.
- Apples have malic acid, a chemical used in whitening tooth products, which helps dissolve stains.
- A half an apple in a cake tin will keep your cake moist!
Granny Smiths Are My Best Apple For Apple Crumble
- Enjoy eating a golden delicious. The skin is not too tough to chew either.
- Granny Smith is the one I love for making baked apple puddings and delicious apple tarts. These apples are more tart and have more flavour after cooking or baking in the oven.
- Royal Gala is another of my favourites for eating. Such a wonderful sweet and flavoursome fruit.
More Apple Recipe Ideas
Apples For Breakfast Or Any Time!
- As a perfect start for the day I really enjoy some oats with pieces of fresh apple cut up into it!
- Apples in fruit salads are a must!
- Use as a cup for shrimp cocktail. Red apples will complement the pink seafood sauce.
- Grated apple and carrots are a refreshing salad and not calorie laden.
- Small blocks of cheese and apple are a good combination in a green salad.
Apple pie with meringue topping
Decadent Apple Tart
- This apple tart is different as it has a meringue and nut mixture on top.
- Served with Bulgarian yogurt, vanilla ice cream or ..of course ..thick whipped cream. Remember not to whip too long, otherwise you will have some butter for your breakfast.
- Vanilla ice cream with baked apple crumble and tarts is not so rich.
Be Inspired By Apples For Dining
Are You An Apple Or Pear Person?
Do you love eating apples or pears in general?
Fresh Apple Art
Apple In Decorations
- As you can see in the photo apple slices are made into a rose with pastry and placed in a muffin pan to bake.
- Apples in Phyllo pastry is also a great idea. Crisp fine pastry on the outsde and soft apples in the middle with cinnamon and brown sugar!
Various Delicious Ideas For Using Apples
Wonderful Apple Items For You To Try!
- Different groceries all in apples. Love the apple spice that you can use for your desserts or baked apple recipe!
- Apple juice is so refreshing after and during sports activities! Add some fresh mint to your glass before pouring.
- Apple fritters are a wonderful supper dish.
- Next time you make a green jello try grated apple in the mixture before placing it in the fridge. Very refreshing on a hot day!
Just With Apples!
Quirky Apple Decor
- Love these apple inspired items, Especially the apple green kitchen clock and food mixer! Never had a decent apple peeler so this could be the answer!
- Love the container with the fresh apples in it!
- Apples in red and green on a platter with nuts, flowers and colourful glass balls would be beautiful as a focal point on your dinner table.
Bowl Of Red Apples
- I love using fruit as decoration in a room. Apples also enhance the freshness of a room. The combination of fruit and flowers is simply delicious to the senses!
- Apples and other fruit in a see though glass bowl is also a favourite combination for a sub tropical look to your meal.
Free Apple Art / Paste And Copy To Your Computer.
Health Benefits From Eating Apples
1) Improving neurological health
2) Preventing dementia
3) Reducing your risk of stroke
4) Lowering levels of bad cholesterol
5) Reducing your risk of diabetes
6) An apple a day may help prevent breast cancer,
- Granny Smiths are known to have the most beneficial effect on good gut bacteria.
- It has been found that an apple a day is just as effective as statins in preventing vascular death.
Apple juice may increase the production in the brain of the essential neurotransmitter resulting in improved memory.
A Few Tasty Apple Ideas
- Apple pies and crumbles are one of my favourite desserts and so simple to make. One thing that makes the crumble even more delicious is making it with real butter. Really gives it a dreamy shortbread taste and the consistency is very crisp and delicious.
- I also add a little cornflour to the flour mixture and that also helps to crisp en the delectable crumbed topping.
- Apples grated and added to jello gives this light dessert a real fresh taste and makes it healthier too.
- A healthy snack for kids and adults is an apple cored and cut into quarters and eaten as a dip of chocolate peanut butter. If you cannot find this at the food store improvise by mixing honey, peanut butter and caramel essence for another option.
- Apple and cheese toasted treats is also a winner. The different textures will surprise!
Apple Song For Kids
Cute Song For Toddlers
- This video about the apple tree can encourage kids to eat more apples and fruit in general.
How To Make Candy Apples For Kids
Ready To Eat
Apple A Day..
- Start your day with an apple to keep you supplied with dietary fibre. Apples can be packed into kid's lunch boxes for a healthy snack with their normal sandwiches. I read about a combination sandwich of thinly sliced apples and peanut butter. Sounds good enough to me!
- Remember to dip your fresh apple slices in a little lemon juice to stop them going brown from the oxidation effect.
Kids Love Toffee Apples
Wonderful party idea to eat in the garden or around the pool!
- In South Africa we call them toffee apples
- Americans call them candy apples. They also serve caramel ones too!
- I saw on Google the other day some unusual coatings for candy apples. Dipped into hundreds and thousands sprinkles. Dipped or rolled into shiny edible glitter. Dipped into chopped nuts and caramel.
Baked Apples, Before And After
More Delicious Apple Tips
- Another all time favourite is apples on pastry in a baking dish with short crust pastry tucked all round the sliced apple pieces and then, when it has finished baking, you turn it out on a plate.
- Add cinnamon butter all spice and brown sugar to the apples before placing in baking dish.
- A mixture of apples, pears and bananas also are a great apple pie combination to add to the flavor and give a different flavor! Just remember to cut the bananas in one inch pieces as they cook quicker than the rest..enjoy
- People are making apple crisps dried in the oven. Takes quite a long time if you do not have a dehydrating apparatus. Good for low sugar snacks for kids .
- Apple puree is also used as a butter on bread instead of spreads with cold meat etc.
- Also seen an apple scooped out and used as a cup for cold drinks.
Apple Cake And Ice Cream
Display And Present Your Desserts Beautifully!
- Before the desserts enter the mouth the eyes look at it and see if it looks inviting enough, to take a mouthful.
- Hotels send their chefs on courses to hone their food presentation skills!
- Apples are carved beautifully into ornate roses and other creative display items.
- I notice at hotels that they often dust the plate with icing sugar to add to the overall presentation of the dessert, as seen in the photo above.
This is one apple dessert that is one of my favourites! Serve after a light cold meat and salad meal. That way you will have a balance and not go away feeling that you or your guests have over indulged! Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.