- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Italian Chicken Recipe
Another weekend to explore my love for food, and my culinary skills. Although, this is not just another weekend, but the last weekend of 2011. So I decided to welcome the year 2012 with a special dish.
So here we go.
- Boneless chicken breast: 1, cut into bite size pieces
- White vinegar: 1 tsp
- Paste of ginger and garlic: 2 tsps
- All purpose flour or cornflour: 1 tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- Italian spices: oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil, and so on, about 1/2 tsp each
- Butter: 2 tsps
- Oil: 2 tbsps
- Tomatoes: 2 medium, crushed
- Tomato ketchup: 2 tbsps
- Honey: 1 tsp
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Marinade the chicken with vinegar and 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste, and set it aside for at least half an hour.
- In a bowl, mix cornflour with salt and half of the Italian spices.
- Heat butter and 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Mix the marinaded chicken thoroughly with the cornflour mixture.
- Fry the chicken on medium to high heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove it from the fire, and set it aside on a paper napkin so that the extra oil is eliminated.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan.
- Add the rest of the ginger-garlic paste, and fry it till slightly brown.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, and the tomato ketchup.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the onions, salt, and the rest of the Italian spices, along with the fried chicken.
- Add the honey.
- Add about a cup of water.
- Bring the mixture in the pan to a boil, and then simmer it until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve and relish.
Go ahead, try it out this new year!