- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy, Low Calorie Meatloaf Recipe
Meatloaf – some love it, while others consider it the unappetizing cousin of fruitcake. I for one count myself in the former category. I think meatloaf is delicious. However, it’s not always super easy to make or super low in calories. To that end, I’ve created a simple meatloaf recipe that’s low in calories but still full of flavor. I should actually probably call it a poultry loaf because it uses chicken instead of the traditional ground pork and beef – it’s just as delicious though (even my meat-loving husband was asking for seconds).
- One 9 oz package Perdue chicken strips
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitutes
- One medium tomato, diced
- One cup sliced mushrooms, (from a can)
- 2 TBS spicy mustard
- Shred the chicken strips by tearing and cutting them.
- Combine shredded chicken with all other ingredients (except the ketchup) and mix well.
- Scrape mixture into a greased meatloaf pan.
- Cover pan with tinfoil and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Remove pan and spread enough ketchup on the meatloaf to cover the top completely.
- Return pan to oven, uncovered, and bake for another 20 minutes. Remove, cool, and serve.
|Serving size: 1/5 of loaf|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|