Easy Dessert Recipe Using Shaved Ice
Aside from the 'halo-halo', the Philippines has a variety of shaved ice desserts and treats that are unlike any other in the world. Take this Mais con yelo, for instance. Who would've thought that mixing those corn kernels with some milk, sugar and shaved ice would make for a delightfully refreshing treat? Apparently, only the Filipinos did. Or maybe some countries have thought of it as well and I just haven't researched enough. Either way, this recipe is easy and fuss free and will cool you off in a matter of seconds, all the while tickling your taste buds with its delightful flavours.
Read on for instructions on how to make your own mais con yelo.
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can whole sweet kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons sugar per glass
- shaved ice
- scoops of ice cream, optional
- In a tall glass, preferably a halo-halo glass or something in which you can mix the contents properly, put 2 tablespoons of sweet corn and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Top with shaved ice and drizzle with evaporated milk.
- For a more special mais con yelo recipe, you can try adding scoops of ice cream and other fruit bits of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy!
It's really hot here in the Philippines, especially recently. Cases of heatstroke have been reported. This can be avoided though by drinking lots of water and cooling down by devouring delicious frozen desserts. With this recipe which I mentioned in my hub, Top 3 Refreshing Treats to Beat the Summer Heat, you can surely beat the heat without too much fuss. After all, time spent preparing is time wasted sweating. Intentional rhyming right there. Teehee.
Try it today and let me know how it turned out, yeah? Hit me up in the comments box below.
I'll be sharing with you guys the saba con yelo recipe soon. It's very similar to this recipe.
- How To Make Sweet Southern Corn Pudding
Corn Pudding is something I learned how to make when I lived in Virginia. Whether you serve it as a side dish, or as a dessert, it is sure to satisfy your craving for something sweet and hearty