- Food and Cooking
Quick and Easy Recipe for Mexican Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
Mexican Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips are very easy and quick to make and a recipe that requires very few ingredients. If you are unsure how your Mexican Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips will turn out, you can practice by cooking one chip at a time to test the temperature of your oil and the cooking time needed to reach your desired level of crispiness.
- 2 Soft Tortilla or Fajita Shells
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Oil (vegetable, canola, or similar)
- Prepare cinnamon and sugar mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut tortilla shells into strips about 1 inch wide, then, to make them shorter, cut these strips in half.
- Cover a large plate with paper towel to be used for placing the chips on after taking them out of the oil.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high to high heat.
- Place tortilla strips (approximately one shell at a time) gently but quickly into the heated oil and cook until slightly browned on the bottom side, approximately 1 minute, depending on how crispy you want them. Watch closely as they may brown quickly.
- Flip over and cook for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute longer to brown the other side.
- Remove the chips from the oil and place on a paper towel to cool and soak up excess oil. Let cool for several minutes.
- Place chips into bowl with cinnamon sugar mixture and gently stir until all of the chips are covered.
- Serve as is or on a separate plate or platter. You can sprinkle the excess cinnamon sugar mixture over the tortilla chips. Enjoy!