- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Mexican Salad Recipe
This is my grandmother’s recipe. She was an excellent cook and this salad was one of my favorite things that she made. My father recently gave me the recipe card she made for this salad. I made the salad following the recipe very carefully and it was great. It tasted almost like I remember her making thesaladfor me years ago. I decided to share this recipe on Hub Pages.
- Chop lettuce as desired. I like it best cut into smaller pieces.
- Chop the two large tomatoes. If your tomatoes are medium sized you may need three of them.
- Chop the onion. I use a very fine chop and only use about half the onion.
- Drain all the liquid from the Ranch Style Beans. It is important to remove all the liquid from the beans so the salad is not soggy.
- Crush the Fritos in the bag.
- Combine all ingredients except for the Catalina dressing.
- Add the Catalina dressing just before serving the salad so the Fritos will not be soggy.