Easy Microwave Caramel Fudge Recipe To Die For...
Microwave Caramel Fudge
This easy to make fudge recipe is unbelievably delicious
If you are a die hard fudge lover, look no further than this rich and creamy piece of heaven that is a real treat for your tastebuds. This easy, no mess fudge recipe is great for bake sales, afternoon tea, family get togethers or just to hide in the cupboard away from the kids (and hubby). Even a novice in the kitchen could make this and have everyone thinking they're pro's. I've even wrapped it in pretty boxes with ribbon and given it to my very grateful friends, family and neighbours as Easter and Christmas gifts.
2 cups of sugar
200g butter (cut into 18 pieces)
2 X 395g cans of condensed milk
Half a cup of golden syrup - be precise
1 tbspn Vanilla Essence
- Place suger, butter, condensed milk and golden syrup in a large glass/pyrex microwave safe bowl or container.
- Microwave on high for 15 - 17 minutes (800w microwave oven), stopping the microwave and stirring the mixture every 2 minutes with a whisk until smooth. The bowl will get extremely hot so care must be taken when removing the dish from the microwave oven.
- Once cooking is complete and the mixture is a dark caramel colour, add vanilla essence and continue stirring gently with a whisk for another 15 - 20 minutes - until the the melted butter is absorbed and it thickens in consistency.
- Pour into a lined slice tray - ensure this is done quickly before the mixture thickens too much.
- Spread mixture evenly in the tray and cool in the fridge until it sets.
- Cut with a sharp knife. Heating the knife under very hot water and wiping it prior to cutting the fudge, would make it easier to cut cleanly.
Makes approximately 30 pieces. Recipe can be halved if a smaller quantity is required.