How To Cook Easy Garlic Mushrooms & Spinach Side Dish
Prep time: 3 min
Cook time: 12 min
Ready in: 15 min
Yields: Serves 2 to 4 as a side dish
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Minced Garlic, (or 3 to 4 Fresh Cloves optional)
- 1 Lg. Package Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Lg. Bag Fresh Spinache
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add olive oil, garlic, and 2-Tbsp of butter to large non-stick frying pan. (Cooking spray helps)
- Heat on low to medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is golden brown.*Add another Tblsp butter or oil if pan dries out, before next step.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 4-6 minutes, medium-high heat. (Fill the pan)
- Add parsley and stir while cooking.
- Once mushrooms are cooked/soft, spread spinach leaves to top, about 1/2bag. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.*Add a little oil/butter to keep from drying out again
- Uncover and stir together cooked spinach and mushrooms. Spread the remaining 1/2bag of spinach leaves to top again and cover for 1-2 mins.
- Stir together while seasoning with salt and pepper to your liking.