- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Easy Nan Bread Recipe
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready in: 40 min
Yields: two people
- 2 cups Maida (plain flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp ghee/ cooking oil
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- A pinch of salt
- As required Water for kneading
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Sifting helps in making soft and fluffy naans.
- Now add ghee/ oil and yogurt and mix it in the flour for about five minutes. Then start adding water and knead the dough until smooth and soft. It shouldn't be too hard. Cover the dough and let it rest for about 10-20 minutes.
- Uncover the dough and make 4-6 small equal sized balls.
- With the help of a rolling pin, roll out the dough (make sure you use dry flour to help you roll out the dough easily). Roll it out flat and round in shape.
- The rolled out naan dough should be about 1/4 inches thick not less than that.
- Cover the baking tray with aluminium foil and place the nan dough on it and put it in the oven. when dark brown spots start to appear on the surface of the nan take it out and lightly grease them with butter if you prefer. They're ready to serve!