- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Easy Peasy Crockpot Hot Wing Party Dip
So you have a party coming up and you want to know what to bring?
Of course you could bring my Best Ever Pizza Dip, my Best Ever Sloppy Joe recipe, my Best Ever Turkey Meatballs, Crock Pot BBQ Chicken, Fresh Homemade Tomato Salsa, Quick and Easy Creamy Guacamole Dip, Easy Peasy Creamy Deviled Eggs (which are always a hit!), or even an Easy 7-Layer Dip.
Or you could be even more creative and make a scrumptious Crock Pot Hot Wing Party Dip!
I don't know about you, but I love hot wings, especially dipped in Ranch dressing. With this dip, you don't even have to provide the wings for party guests.
You feel like you're eating a plate of hot wings, but even better! You get to eat even more hot wings than you've ever dreamed of, faster, and with chips. lol
Had I not already had a list of appetizers that had been requested for me to bring, I would have made this dip as well for our Superbowl party.
I'm so glad I didn't though, because when I arrived, there was a large Crock Pot on the counter just full of this amazing, creamy dip.
And you can easily make this yourself and be the hit of the party! Just toss all of your ingredients into a Crock Pot, set on low and leave it for several hours to let it cook while you are preparing for the party to start.
You can easily take the Crock Pot with you when you go, if you are traveling to another's house for the party, and plug it back it to keep it hot throughout the party.
Man this was delicious! I think I ate half of it myself. Let's get to making it together now!
- 2-3 medium chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 bottle Frank's Hot Sauce
- I suggest thawing and cooking your chicken prior to putting it in your Crock Pot.
- Set your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- I thaw my chicken breasts in the microwave on my automatic defrost setting (7-8 minutes).
- Lay your chicken breasts in your casserole dish and bake for 1 hour.
- When finished cooking, shred your chicken thoroughly and dump it all into your Crock Pot. Set it on Medium to Low heat, depending on your Crock Pot settings.
- Add in your cup of Ranch dressing.
- Add in your half cup of Frank's Hot Sauce.
- Add in your package of cream cheese.
- Mix thoroughly and cook for several hours, covered.
- I would make sure to periodically visit your Crock Pot and mix your dip thoroughly throughout the cooking time.
|Serving size: 1/2 cup of hot wing dip|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|Cholesterol 41 mg||14%|
|Sodium 714 mg||30%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
So I had this dip at the Superbowl we went to with friends this last weekend.
I felt like I was eating a platter of chicken hot wings, and probably had way more than my share of the dip.
I had already pulled up a few different recipes for this dip and was prepared to make it and bring it myself, but now I'm glad I didn't.
It was creamy, hot but not too hot, and unbelievably delicious. The only problem I could possibly find with it, was that there wasn't nearly enough. I could have eaten it all night long.
But it seems like everyone else there felt the same way! lol
If there are going to be more than a handful of people at the party, I would suggest doubling this recipe. I just knew I had to share this for everyone else to enjoy!
What's your favorite party recipe?
© 2014 Victoria Van Ness