- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Yummy Pea Salad With Shredded Cheese Recipe
Do you have trouble getting your kids to eat their peas? Maybe you just need a side dish or snack that you can whip up in under five minutes. Whatever the case, pea salad is both easy to make and very yummy!
What You Will Need:
- 1 can sweet peas (15 oz)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Open can of peas and drain all of the water out. Then dump the entire can into a mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, and stir.
- Add the cheese, a little bit at a time while stirring.
- Season with pepper.
It's best when served chilled. An hour or two in the refrigerator will do the trick.
All of these ingredients and measurements are very flexible. Add less or more of anything to fit your personal taste.
You may also want to add:
- Chopped or shredded carrots.
- Celery. Alternatively, season with just a dash of celery seed.