Easy Pizza Topping And Other Variations
Pizza Making Has Become Easy With All The New Gadgets
It must be wonderful to own a pizza oven at home for entertaining. So many new ideas on the market to help you on your way!
Fun Pizza To Make
When you want a quick and easy meal in a jiffy, pizzas are easy and fun to make.
Here is how my daughter and I made the topping.
1. Fried some chopped bacon in a frying pan and then added the chopped onions, used a dash of olive oil.
2. Next added small cut green peppers, celery and sliced mushrooms. Continued to fry these lightly.
3. Added garlic flakes and mixed Italian dried herbs. A sprinkle of ground pepper, salt and chili to taste. The bacon is salty so remember not to add too much salt!
4. Finish off with a generous portion of grated cheddar cheese.
5. We bought ready made pizza bases and crisped them in the oven first and then piled a good amount of topping on them, as seen in picture above and baked in a very hot oven till the cheese has melted and they are lightly browned on top.
As you can see ...no quantities..leaving that to your immagination and creative skills!
image credit - my own photo, recipe and art work.
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Close Up Of Ingredients
Some Favourite Pizza Toppings
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Feta Cheese
Some Time Saving Ideas
- Buy the packs of small ready made pizza bases and take out of the freezer at a moments notice,
- Ready made pizza dough can be taken on camping trips an made on the barbecue as needed. Pizza with a difference..smoked flavour would be delicious. Sausage tomato and feta combination could be a great option!
Pizza Serving Ideas
- Present your finished pizza in an attractive way. Love these colourful plates. People eat with their eyes first.
- Small pizzas in a wicker basket with a red check fabric inner lining, could look very festive for an informal supper or lunch.
- Red pillar candles in mason jars can give an Italian Rustic feel to your table.
- Bougainvillea floral fronds in red or orange can add to the Mediterranean ambience.