Easy Pork and Green Chilies Casserole
For a quick and easy satisfying meal to feed your hungry family after a hectic day at the office try this Easy Pork and Green Chilies Casserole Recipe.A few diced green chilies, and a bit of salsa put a little spice into this delicious rice, pork and bean dish. This recipe can be completed from start to finish in under 45 minutes.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 15 oz can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or bottled salsa
- 4 oz can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 cup brown minute rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Cook the ground pork over medium high heat in a large skillet until no pink is visible.
- Drain the skillet. Stir in the water, cumin, beans, salsa, rice, green Chile peppers and condensed cream of chicken soup.
- Return the skillet to heat, and cook until bubbly.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart casserole.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake the casserole until the edges begin to bubble (30 to 35 minutes).
- Take the casserole out of the oven, sprinkle it with Pepper Jack cheese, wait 5 minutes for the cheese to melt and dig in!
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 7 g|
|Carbohydrates 31 g||10%|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 19 g||38%|
|Cholesterol 48 mg||16%|
|Sodium 820 mg||34%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|