Easy Rainbow Marshmallow Butterscotch Peanut Butter Bars
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 40 min
- 1 cup Peanut Butter, smooth/creamy
- 250 g (1 package) Multicolored Mini Marshmallows, White is also fine if you're willing to part with the rainbow aesthetic.
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 150 g Butterscotch Chips
- Melt the peanut butter, butterscotch chips, and butter in a sauce pan or small pot on low heat, stirring frequently.
A note on the butterscotch chips: Packages are usually 200g, but this many chips tends to overpower the flavor of the peanut butter. However, if you would like your bars to be more butterscotchy, feel free to use the entire package.
- Once the mixture has a smooth, even texture, remove it from the stove and pour into a large bowl. Set it aside to cool for a minimum of five minutes. If the mixture is not sufficiently cool it will melt the marshmallows as well as prevent them from being evenly coated in peanut buttery-butterscotchy goodness.
- While the peanut butter mixture is cooling, grease a 11x13 pan. This size produces around 30 small squares. If you would prefer fewer, thicker squares, use a 9x9 pan instead.
- Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the multicolored marshmallows, coating them evenly.
- Scoop the marshmallow-peanut butter-butterscotch mixture into the greased pan, making sure to spread it evenly all the way to the corners.
- Refrigerate for half an hour, or until they are firm. You can also freeze them and then thaw for a few minutes when it is time to serve them.
- Cut up and enjoy!