- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Healthy Foods
Easy Recipe for Banana Bread
I have recently read about all the health benefits of bananas from the vitamins to the fiber and beyond.
Banana bread is a great way to use up ripe bananas and get a health benefit too!
Health Benefits Of Banana
- 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bananas
Bananas are possibly the most favorite fruit worldwide and offer a host of important health benefits. Learn about 5 awesome health benefits of bananas in this article. Read on...
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup stick margarine or butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 or 4 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Baked Banana Bread Fresh From The Oven
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 2 loaf pans with shortening.
- Gently squeeze the banana peel with the banana still in it until the banana softens.
- Mix sugar and margarine in large bowl. Stir in eggs. Add bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 1 hour. If a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, they are done.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Loosen the bread from the pan. Remove the bread from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!!!
Ways To Eat Banana Bread
Banana bread tastes good on its own, but you could put some warm butter or jam on a slice of banana bread.
You could also top a slice of banana bread with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Calories without chocolate chips or nuts
|Serving size: 1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|