Easy Recipes: Brown Lentil and Pasta Soup
Brown Lentil and Pasta Soup is another easy recipe out of many other easy recipes that I am writing here on Hubpages. Brown Lentils and Pasta Soup is easy to make and tastes best with French bread or even garlic butter. This easy recipe is great for eating on a cold winter day. Let us get on with the cooking!
The following ingredients for making brown and lentil soup serves 4 people. The ingredients include:
· 4 slices lean bacon cut into squares
· 1 chopped onion
· 2 crushed garlic cloves
· 2 chopped celery stalks
· 50g\1 3\4 oz farfalline or spaghetti, broken into pieces
· 400g\14 oz canned and drained brown lentils
· 1.25 litres\40 fl oz hot vegetable stock
· 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
· Fresh mint sprigs to garnish
How to Make Brown Lentil and Pasta Soup
1) First of all, use a large frying pan and place the bacon inside with the onion, garlic and celery. Dry fry for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally until the onion is tender and the bacon starts changing its colour to brown.
2) Add pasta and cook once more for at least a minute to coat the pasta in the fat.
3) Add lentils, stock and bring them to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the pasta is tender.
4) Remove pan from the heat and add the chopped fresh mint. Stir well and transport the soup to a few bowls for a person each. Garnish the soup with fresh mint sprigs and serve. Enjoy!
You can read more pasta recipes on my profile. Or if you wish, you can read some through the links below this article. I am writing several pasta recipes for you so browse around for any of them. It is possible that you may find some of the recipes that you’re looking for here on my profile. For more recipes, please visit my profile here on Hubpages.
For more reading, please check:
- Easy Recipes: Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup is another excellent and common recipe that people enjoy. It is easy to make and needs just a few ingredients and requires a few easy steps to make the soup.
- Easy Recipes: Potato and Pesto Soup
Potato and Pesto Soup is a pasta recipe that goes along with soups and salads. Pasta with soup goes together perfectly as they can add taste and texture to the recipe. Let us read how you can make Potato and Pesto Soup below.
- Recipe for Soup: Minestrone Soup Recipe
Minestrone is a pasta recipe that goes along with soups and salads. Pasta with soup goes together perfectly as they can add taste and texture to the recipe. Minestrone is a classic Italian pasta soup recipe with plenty of protein. But there are so ma
- How to Make a Cake
Making a simple sponge cake is the easiest of the lot. This is a great start to learning how to make a cake before getting into other varieties.
- Benefits of Milk
Milk contains many health benefits that are very useful for our health. These health benefits include preventing high blood pressure, cancer, tooth decay and many other health issues. Let us read more about the health benefits of milk below.