Easy Recipes: Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup Recipe
Tomato Soup is another excellent and common recipe that people enjoy. It is easy to make and needs just a few ingredients and requires a few easy steps to make the soup.
Tomato Soup can be served in hot or cold and has many different styles. Some of you might not even be unaware of a few of these. ‘Classic Tomato Soup’ is smooth in texture while other tomato soup recipes have chunks of tomato, cream and chicken stock. Out of all soups, Tomato Soup ranks in number 1. A website had guests rank their top soup flavours and Tomato Soup had taken the top spot while Chicken Soup had taken the 2nd spot and Potato Soup as the 3rd best flavor.
Health Benefits of Tomato Soup
Tomato is high in Lycopene which can significantly prevent many cancers such as prostate cancer, colon, lung and digestive tract cancers. Lycopene also helps prevent aging, diabetes, heart problems, vision loss and osteoporosis. Unfortunately, the body cannot make lycopene so we need to get this antioxidant from a variety of foods. Tomato is one of those foods that have Lycopene. Let us now learn how to make tomato soup below.
The following ingredients for making tomato soup serve 4 people. The ingredients include:
· 1 tbsp of olive oil
· 650g\1 lb 7 oz plum tomatoes
· 1 onion cut into quarters
· 1 sliced and thinned garlic clove
· 1 coarsely chopped celery stalk
· 500 ml\18 fl oz chicken stock
· 55g\2 oz dried anellini or other soup pasta
· Salt and pepper
· Fresh, chopped flat-leaf parsley to garnish
How to Make Tomato Soup
1) Pour the olive oil into a large saucepan. Add tomatoes, onion, garlic and celery and cook for 45 minutes with low heat. Make sure you cover the pan and gently shaking the pan until the mixture becomes soft.
2) Transport the mixture into a blender and process until the mixture becomes puree. Push the puree through a sieve and into a clean saucepan.
3) Afterwards, add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Add pasta and bring back to the boil and cook for another 8-10 minutes until the pasta becomes soft and tender to bite. Season the soup with salt and pepper and serve into your bowls. Sprinkle the soup with parsley and serve. Enjoy!
You can read more pasta recipes on my profile. Or if you wish, you can read some through the links below this article. I am writing several pasta recipes for you so browse around for any of them. It is possible that you may find some of the recipes that you’re looking for here on my profile. For more recipes, please visit my profile here on Hubpages.
Tomatoe Soup Recipe
For more reading, please check:
- How to Make a Cake
Making a simple sponge cake is the easiest of the lot. This is a great start to learning how to make a cake before getting into other varieties.
- Recipe for Soup: Minestrone Soup Recipe
Minestrone is a pasta recipe that goes along with soups and salads. Pasta with soup goes together perfectly as they can add taste and texture to the recipe. Minestrone is a classic Italian pasta soup recipe with plenty of protein. But there are so ma
- Easy Recipes: Potato and Pesto Soup
Potato and Pesto Soup is a pasta recipe that goes along with soups and salads. Pasta with soup goes together perfectly as they can add taste and texture to the recipe. Let us read how you can make Potato and Pesto Soup below.
- Natural Remedies for Hay Fever
Hay Fever is one allergy that people cannot withstand during the spring and summer. We all know these two seasons are the best times of the year to book and plan a vacation around the globe. However, due to Hay Fever, a persons vacation gets ruined
- Five Health Benefits of Lychee
Lychee has several health benefits like other fruits. It contains many nutrients and vitamins that help fight against various cancers and diseases as well as being a treatment for skin care, child growth, colds, flu and strengthening the body