- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
Easy Recipes: Vegetable Bean Soup
The following ingredients for making Vegetable and Bean Soup serve 4-6 people. If you’re hoping to serve more people, you need to add extra ingredients for it to be sufficient for everyone. Nevertheless, the ingredients for serving 4-6 people include:
· 225g\8 oz fresh broad beans
· 2 tbsp of olive oil
· 2 large crushed garlic cloves
· 1 large and fine chopped onion
· 1 finely chopped celery stalk
· 1 peeled and chopped carrot
· 175g\6 oz firm new and diced potatoes
· 950ml\30 fl oz vegetable stock
· 2 peeled beefsteak tomatoes deseeded and chopped
· Salt and pepper
· 1 large bunch of fresh basil tied with kitchen string
· 200g\7 oz diced courgette
· 200g\7 oz trimmed and chopped green beans
· 55g\2 oz dried vermicelli which needs broken into pieces or small pasta shapes
· 100g\3 and a half oz of fresh basil leaves
· 2 large garlic cloves
· 1 and a half tbsp of pine nuts
· 50ml\2 fl oz fruity extra-virgin olive oil
· 55g\2 oz finely grated Parmesan cheese
Easy Recipes: How to Make Vegetable and Bean Soup
1) The broad beans can be used without having to boil them if they are very young and tender. However, if the broad beans are older, you need to use a sharp knife to tear out the dark, grey skin on the outer surface of the beans, and then pop the green beans out.
2) In a large saucepan, use medium heat for all of the olive oil and add garlic, onion, celery and carrot to cook until the onion is soft but not brown.
3) Add potatoes, vegetable stock, tomatoes and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture over to the boil, add basil and cover the pan while reducing the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
4) Meanwhile, make the pesto sauce by whizzing garlic, basil and pine nuts in a blender until the paste becomes thick. Add more extra olive oil and whiz again. Transport the mixture to a bowl, put in the Parmesan cheese and stir. Cover and chill until you need it.
5) Afterwards, once the potatoes are soft, stir the courgette, green beans, vermicelli and the broad beans into the soup and simmer for another 10 minutes or if the vegetables and the pasta are cooked. Disregard the basil after tasting the soup and ladle the soup into bowls. Add pesto sauce to each serving as well. Enjoy!
You can read more pasta recipes on my profile. Or if you wish, you can read some through the links below this article. I am writing several pasta recipes for you so browse around for any of them. The Vegetable and Bean Soup is one of many easy recipes that I have written here on Hubpages. It is possible that you may find some more recipes that you’re looking for. For more recipes, please visit my profile here on Hubpages.
For more reading, please read:
- Easy Recipes: Brown Lentil and Pasta Soup
Brown Lentil and Pasta Soup is another easy recipe out of many other easy recipes that I am writing here on Hubpages. Brown Lentils and Pasta Soup is easy to make and tastes best with French bread or even garlic butter. This easy recipe is great for
- Easy Recipes: Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup is another excellent and common recipe that people enjoy. It is easy to make and needs just a few ingredients and requires a few easy steps to make the soup.
- Chicken Recipes: Italian Chicken Soup
Italian soups can be light, thick, clear or even serve with additional ingredients like cream, parsley and garlic bread. If you have been reading more of the recipes I have published here on Hubpages, you would also agree with me regarding the other
- Easy Recipes: Potato and Pesto Soup
Potato and Pesto Soup is a pasta recipe that goes along with soups and salads. Pasta with soup goes together perfectly as they can add taste and texture to the recipe. Let us read how you can make Potato and Pesto Soup below.
- Recipe for Soup: Minestrone Soup Recipe
Minestrone is a pasta recipe that goes along with soups and salads. Pasta with soup goes together perfectly as they can add taste and texture to the recipe. Minestrone is a classic Italian pasta soup recipe with plenty of protein. But there are so ma