- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Easy Rice Pudding
This rice pudding is based on the Mexican rice pudding that my daughter likes and normally picks up from Publix when she has a craving or like recently, had a tooth pulled. It is her favorite and typically she will accept no substitutions but since i couldn't find her favorite, I went ahead and made some myself.
According to my daughter, "it is good", high praise from a picky eater, she's the type - once bitten twice shy, which is why she sticks to the Publix Mexican brand but i think she'll allow me the privilege to make mine from time to time.
What i love about this recipe is that you begin with the basics and can experiment quite happily without ruining the overall dessert. From start to finish it will take you less than 45 minutes, unless you are going to have it cold.
What you will need, ingredients
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 can of evaporate milk / cream
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding
- 7 cups of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ground cinnamon
Steps to creating
- Collect all ingredients
- In a large pot or heavy sauce pan, pour in the water
- Add the cinnamon stick
- Bring water to boil to cook rice as normal directions advised
- Once rice is done set to the side, to cool, remove cinnamon stick and pour off the excess water
- Put pan back on low heat, add all creams and milks
- Stir, as ingredients cook on low heat
- Add the ground cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and any of the other optional ingredients if desired
Putting it together, once the rice pudding is to your taste you can serve it warm or you can serve it cold. If cold it will need to be placed in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- add a dusting of ground cinnamon
- a dollop of whipped cream
- a strip of vanilla bean
Voila! You have a great snack or dessert. There is nothing quite so satisfying as rice pudding if you enjoy eating rice. It is one of those tasteless grains that take on the flavors used to enhance it, transforming it into something totally comforting and delicious.
- Mexican Rice Pudding (Arroz Con Leche) Recipe : Marcela Valladolid : Food Network
Food Network invites you to try this Mexican Rice Pudding (Arroz Con Leche) recipe from Marcela Valladolid.