- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Recipe for Super Easy, Super Quick Salsa Cheese Dip
The recipe is so, so easy and so, so quick that it can hardly be called a recipe. It's more like three ingredients put together and microwaved. In fact, IT IS three ingredients put together and microwaved :) And it's delicious!! This dip is perfect for parties, game nights, and family get-togethers. I hope you enjoy it.
Fun Facts About Salsa
"Salsa" is the Spanish word for "sauce", which derives from the Latin for salty or salt ("sal"). Most English-speaking people consider salsa as a tomato-based, spicy sauce. However, by the Spanish definition, salsa refers to any sauce, including guacamole and mole. More modern interpretations of salsa use other ingredients, such as mango, pineapple, and carrots!
Super Easy, Super Quick Salsa Cheese Dip
- 8 oz pkg. cream cheese
- 15 oz jar your favorite salsa
- 2 to 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Note: I've always used the rectangular block of cream cheese, but I would think the tub variety would work just as well. I would not, however, recommend using whipped cream cheese.
Instructions for Salsa Cheese Dip
- For this recipe, use a shallow microwave-safe dish (I use a pyrex pie plate), but any baking dish or plate with at least a 1 inch rim should work. Must be microwave safe.
- Spread cream cheese in the bottom of the dish using a knife or spatula, like you were frosting a cake. Spread the cheese thickly, you should use a full 8 oz block.
- Pour salsa over cream cheese, covering the cheese.
- Cover layers of cream cheese and salsa with shredded mozzarella.
When you ready to serve, microwave dip for about 2 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted completely. If you are taking this dip to a party, wait until you are at your location to microwave so the cheese doesn't get too cool. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!