- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
Easy Recipes for Salsas
Enjoy this different salsa
The word easy in the kitchen is always a welcome word. These extra ingredients black beans and avocado make this a healthy and delicious snack. This salsa recipe is good for dipping with chips and veggies, and can also add a tasty addition to pork, chicken and fish. You may want to try pouring some homemade salsa over scrambled eggs.
I was enjoying a lunch in a Mexican restaurant in Southern California, and as the salsa was being served I notice it came with black beans and chopped avocado, which I thought was a bit unusual. I ate the whole bowl of salsa, well I was hungry after a long bike ride but it was so delicious. As always I improvise and make up many different recipes, so I decided to try these ingredients with my own touches for this salsa recipe.
Add Avocados and Black Beans
Ingredients for Salsa Recipe
- 6 medium Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow or Red pepper
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 1 small onion
- One-quarter cup Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Black beans
- 1 medium Avocado
- one teaspoon cumin, oregano, basil, cayenne pepper
- One teaspoon Canola oil
A Few Ingredients for Salsa
Instructions for Salsa
- Boil tomatoes and remove the skins
- Chop tomatoes onion, green pepper. Chop Jalapeno pepper and remove seeds.
- Drain black beans and set aside 1/2 cup.
- Chop avocado in small pieces
- Add tomatoes, onion, peppers, seasoning to blender. Blend until all ingredients are well blended but not liquified.
- Remove the salsa from the blender. Add avocado and beans for this easy and delicious salsa recipe.
Serve this easy salsa with black beans and avocado either chilled or room temperature. Serve with tortilla chips or celery and carrot slices. Salsa is good over fish, chicken or eggs. Salsa will keep in the fridge for about 3 or 5 days.
Other Ideas for Salsa
1. Leave the tomatoes raw instead of cooking
2. Add extra cayenne pepper or another jalapeno for hot salsa
3. Add a cup of chopped cucumbers for a different texture.
4. Cook the mixture instead of eating it raw
5. Add garlic for a different taste
6. Use green tomatoes for the recipe instead of red.
7. Add chopped green onions to the mixture
8. Use canned tomatoes if you don't have fresh ones around.
9. Pureer the misture in the blender
10. Get creative by adding a variety of different ingredients.
11. Add pinto beans
Make Salsa Today
Try some other recipes
- Caesar Salad Recipe with Homemade Croutons
Enjoy this easy Caesar salad with homemade croutons. It is easy to make and so good to eat. Nothing tastes better than homemade Caesar dressing.
- Pesto Recipes: Pasta, Meat, Veggies
Pasta can be a very healthful dish when served with a variety of different pesto recipes. Use whole grain pasta and try different leafy greens in your pesto sauce.