- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to Bake Delicious Shortbread Biscuit Fingers
Easy and Delicious
These biscuits are extremely easy to make and delicious. They can be boxed and presented as a gift or token and I am sure would be greatly received.
A square tin does not necessarily need to be used, any tin works well as long as the right size so that the mixture is not to thick or thin. However for the recognizable shortbread fingers I would recommend a square tin.
I would suggest that they are stored in an airtight container, and if they survive for this long, store for around 4 days before you consider disposing of them!
I hope that you enjoy these as much as I do
- 250g Unsalted Butter
- 120g Caster Sugar, plus 1 tbsp for covering
- 90g Fine Semolina
- 370g Plain Flour, Sifted
- Beat the butter until it is soft in a large mixing bowl, this can be done using an electric whisk or wooden spoon. The butter should be allowed to reach room temperature beforehand, this will make this process easier.
- Add the sugar, semolina and flour to the soft butter; knead the mixture until it is combined. The mixture should start to leave the sides of the bowl clean when kneaded. It should be firm and resemble the consistency of pastry.
- The mixture needs to be pressed into a greased 20cm square baking tin. Cover in shrink wrap and then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Place the tray into the center of a preheated oven at 150oC for 50 minutes or until the shortbread is golden in color and even. The lower temperature and for longer allows an even bake and stops the outside from cooking and leaving the middle raw
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle a tablespoon of caster sugar over the top straight away. The sugar then should stick more freely to the top of the biscuits.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes in the tin and then cut into shapes, commonly fingers
- When completely cooled remove the fingers from the tin and place in an air tight container, or devour immediately
More baking options
- How to Make a Simple Chocolate Ganache
This is a simple recipe to make a great cake covering or dessert topping.
- Easy and Simple Chocolate Macaroons
These Macaroons are delicious and very easy to make. They can be a bit messy however they can be great fun to make with kids.
- Quick and Simple Chocolate Butter Biscuits
These biscuits are fun to make and taste delicious. Kids love to play with the dough and can really get stuck in.