- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to Bake Delicious Shortbread Biscuit Fingers
Easy and Delicious
These biscuits are delicious, they are very simple to make and when presented as a small token or gift are greatly received.
A square tin does not necessarily need to be used but for the recognizable shortbread fingers I would recommend this.
I would suggest that they are stored in an airtight container, and if they survive for this long, store for around 4 days before you consider disposing of them!
I hope that you enjoy these as much as I do
To store the Shortbread in
- 250g Unsalted Butter
- 120g Caster Sugar, plus 1 tbsp for covering
- 90g Fine Semolina
- 370g Plain Flour, Sifted
- Beat the butter until it is soft in a large mixing bowl, this can be done using an electric whisk or wooden spoon
- Add the sugar, semolina and flour to the soft butter; knead the mixture until it is combined
- Press the mixture into a greased 20cm square baking tin and chill for 30 minutes
- Place the tray into the centre of a preheated oven at 150oC for 50 minutes or until the shortbread is golden in colour and even
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle a tablespoon of caster sugar over the top
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes in the tin and then cut into shapes, commonly fingers
- When completely cooled remove the fingers from the tin and place in an air tight container, or devour immediately