Easy Spaghetti Squash and Sauce Recipe
Pick a star to rate this recipe
Spaghetti Squash And Sauce
Spaghetti Squash is a tasty vegetable especially when it has a slight crunchiness to it. Many of us pasta lovers can't imagine a vegetable taking the place of pasta. It's not trying to take the place of pasta. It's just a nice change every now and then when you're craving a pasta sauce but don't want the calories and/or carbs.
It's called Spaghetti Squash for it's stringy meat it releases when cooked.
If you like longer strands then cutting it in half width-wise will give you that. Cutting it in half length-wise will give you shorter strands.
Topping this vegetable with a nice sauce makes a satisfying and tasty dinner. It doesn't have to have a red sauce or a meaty one. The squash tastes good without or with out meat. With a white sauce or no sauce.
Preparation and Cook Time
For the Sauce:
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, 1/2 inch cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, 1/2 inch cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jar red sauce, any kind, preferably your favorite
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, fresh garlic if you have some
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half. Width cut gives longer strands length cut gives shorter strands
- 3 shakes, salt
- Parmesan Cheese for, topping after dish is complete
- Wash the the squash then cut it in half. Sprinkle olive oil and salt on the squash meat.
- On a baking sheet lay the squash cut side faced down and put into a 400 degrees oven for 30-45 minutes. Length of time depends on the size of squash. If it's not softened within allowed time check it every 8 minutes till desired texture.
- While the squash is in the oven start making the sauce
- In a skillet add a small amount of olive oil. Drop in the Italian sausage and ground beef. Saute half way done then add the onions and both bell peppers. Stir till onions are glossy.
- Drain the grease
- Pour the jar of your favorite red sauce over the meat mixture
- add salt and garlic
- stir and simmer for 10-15 minutes
Cut the Spaghetti Squash In half for longer strands. Put it in the oven cut side down. No need for water or oil. That will only make it soft-mushy
How to shred Spaghetti Squash to get the noodle strands
Jar Spaghetti Sauce and Mild Italian Sausage
Sauteed Sausage And Vegetables
Don't over cook the vegetables
Keep the vegetables and squash slightly crunchy
Finished Spaghetti Sauce, YUMMY!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||81|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 9 g||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Ramona