Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
Let me know what you think about this recipe
How I came up with this recipe
I have been wanting to try my hand at some stuffed mushrooms for a while. We had some criminis in the fridge that needed to be used up along with some Italian sausage and spinach so I decided "what the heck" let me see what I can do. This is the result. Pretty darn good if I do say so myself.
- 2 hot Italian sausage links
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 oz goat cheese
- about 8 ozs crimini mushrooms
- about 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- about 1 to 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove casings from the sausage and begin to brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the spinach when the sausage is about half way brown and allow it to wilt down.
- Remove the skillet from the heat when the sausage is brown and the spinach is wilted. Mix in the goat cheese and allow it to melt through the mixture. Set aside while you prepare the mushrooms.
- Remove the mushroom stems and clean the mushrooms with a damp towel. Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet with the stem side up. Fill the mushrooms with the sausage mixture.
- Top the mushrooms with a few breadcrumbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake until the mushrooms begin to brown and become tender (about 20 minutes).
Some Possible Substitutions
For the Hot Italian Sausage
For the Spinach
For the Goat Cheese
Mild Italian Sausage
Sweet Italian Sausage
Chicken or Turkey Sausage
© 2015 Vicki Holder