Easy Sugar Free Apple Tart Recipe
How do you like this recipe?
Sugar Free Dessert Tips
Have a sweet tooth but need to limit sugar? This quick to make apple tart dessert satisfies your sweet tooth with no added sugar. Of course, apples do have sugar in them, so dieters and diabetics need to take that into consideration. However, this dessert has no added sugar and is also very low fat, even though you would swear it is not a diet recipe.
The secret is using Granny Smith Apples and a granola topping to give it a crunch like a French Apple pie. My 16 year old son even said it was good enough to serve to his friends, and that is high praise!
Gluten Free Pie Crust
If you want a dessert you can also serve to Glueten Free friends, you can make this tart with a glueten free pie crust. See the video below for instructions. This video also shows how to use a springform pan to make a tart.
- 1 pie crust
- 6-8 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tea. cinnamon
- 1 cup granola
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll pie crust and place into a springform tart pan. Press crust up against the sides of the pan. If you don't have a tart pan, you can use a large pie plate, or a 10 inch cake pan.
- Peel and slice the apples. If you have an apple peeler/slicer (one of my favorite kitchen tools!) this takes just about 5 minutes.
- Put apples in a microwave safe bowl. Add cornstarch, cinnamon and no calorie sweetener. Toss together. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Put apples on crust and spread out evenly. Sprinkle granola on top. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Serve with sugar free whipped cream or sugar free ice cream. You can also drizzle with sugar free caramel sauce.
Gluten Free Crust
Every dessert seems fancier if it has a topping. My favorite toppings for apple tart are:
- Sugar free whipped topping.
- Sugar free vanilla ice cream.
- Sugar free Carmel syrup (drizzle on the plate or on top).
In case you are serving this at a party, you might want to cut it into 1" by 1" pieces and serve in small mini muffin cups, with or without whipped topping. This tart makes a great bite sized treat for dieters. I love serving desserts in mini muffin or candy cups when I have a party because that helps people to have portion control and also lets them try lots of different tastes without overdoing their diets.
How Apple Peeler Corer Slicer Works
Nutrition Facts for Sugar Free Apple Pie
|Serving size: 1/12|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 27 g||9%|
|Sugar 14 g|
|Sodium 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|