Easy Summer Doggy Milkshake Recipe for Your Puppy
My Milkshakes Bring All the Puppies to the Yard!
Alright, so that was a bad joke- but seriously, pups love these puppy formula milkshakes! Our dogs are a very important part of the family, so it is important that we spoil them in as healthy a way as possible!
I'm sharing with you a delicious, (well, I could only assume it is) cold, nutritional treat for your doggies. If you would like to save this for later, you can pin it on Pinterest or share it on Facebook! That way, you've always got the recipe.
This little milkshake concoction is not only healthy and safe for your dogs, it is a nutritious way to beat the heat. Scroll on down to check out this recipe!
- Prep time: 15 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: Simply Adjust the Recipe as You Desire!
Paws-itively Woof-elicious Doggy Milkshake
Preparing this delicious dog treat is extremely easy, and only requires a few ingredients and tools. You will need a blender, some puppy formula, yogurt, ice, ice trays, and possibly even some bananas or a little peanut butter depending on your pooch's preferences.
- 3 Parts Powdered Puppy Milk Replacer, NOT Liquid
- 2 Parts Water
- 1 Part Low Fat Plain or Vanilla Flavored Yogurt, Organic Preferably
- 1-2 Parts Ice Chips, As Needed for Milkshake Consistency
- OPTIONAL: Peanut Butter, Bananas, or other Flavorings, to Taste
- Mix together the puppy milk replacer and the water. Even if lumps remain, you shouldn't be too concerned. We will blend most of those out later. It WILL be a thick consistency, which is what we want!
- After the milk replacer and water has combined fairly well, add the yogurt and mix well.
- If you have elected to use flavorings, you can go ahead and mix them in now if you would like.
- Bring out your blender, and put the mixture inside. Blend on high for about 30 seconds, until everything has mixed well.
- Add some ice, a little at a time. Continue to blend, and add more ice; until the milkshake has reached a proper consistency.
- For leftovers, place them inside of your ice cube tray! You can save these tasty morsels as a treat for another day! They will freeze, and become a doggy icee!
Don't Forget: Important Tips!
When making your doggy milkshakes, please don't forget these tips outlined below:
- Dogs derive many of their calories from their regular diet; avoid using anything other than low fat yogurt to keep your pet healthy.
- Dogs should be given very limited amounts of lactose, if any. My substitution of powdered puppy formula (versus milk, or lots of yogurt) will help you to avoid lots of lactose in your dog's diet.
- All treats should be fed in limited amounts. Never make a meal of treats.
- Avoid feeding your dog lots of this at once. Puppies can get unpleasant and painful brain freezes too; only, they don't know how to avoid them.
- You can always hide medicines, treatments, and supplements inside of these tasty treats :)