Quick, Easy & Tasty Ground Chicken Patties with Simple Ingredients
I have friends and families who are allergic to different types of ingredients in foods, cooking for them can be difficult. You could end up with several dishes to accommodate all of them at one setting. To save time and not get stuck in the kitchen all day, I quickly become quite the creative cook. The art is to make dishes that you can add or remove different ingredients and end up with one tasty meal for everyone. Remember that cooking is not hard if you are willing to try. Do not be afraid to use your discretion and go for it!
Today I served home-made ground chicken patties, my family and guest loved it and I want to share it with you! This took me 30 minutes to put together including cooking time. Most people like to add bread crumb or flour to ground chicken patties but I don’t, it is not necessary unless you are allergic to eggs. If you are allergic to eggs you can still substitute the bread crumbs or flour and add grounded sesame seeds instead.
These patties can be served with fresh green salads. They can also be used as a side for any type of grain dish (rice, quinoa, couscous, etc). You can also make them into burgers.
While writing this article a friend of mine text me and this is what she said “Can you send me your chicken patty recipe please?” After sending it to her, three hours later she wrote me this: “Thanks so much, my family loved it and by the way I had my mother-in-law over and she ask if I could share the recipe with her. She has never done that in the past three years I have been inviting her over for dinner. Sometimes it is the simplest things that are the tastiest, thanks!”
I am thrilled that people are making more simple fresh versatile meals which do not take up a lot of time in the kitchen so that they can spend more quality time with friends and families. Enjoy!
- 1 Pound chicken meat, grounded
- 3 Large eggs, or 3 large table spoons of sesame seeds if you are allergic to eggs
- 1 Medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Tea spoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 Tea spoon salt
- 1/4 Tea spoon black pepper
- 1/2 Tea spoon thyme, finely chopped
- 3 Table spoons cooking oil
- Place grounded chicken in a mixing bowl and add, eggs, onions, green onions, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper and thyme. Mix ingredients together thoroughly with a spatula or with hands. The mixture will be wet and a little sticky. For lager patties, divide in portions of 4 piles, if you want smaller patties divide mixture in 6 piles. Form patties into any shape you desire. Heat oil in a large non stick frying pan over medium heat, fry patties until golden and thoroughly cooked through. I recommend four minutes on each sides and then lower heat and do another five minutes on either sides again.
- There are numerous ways to serve this. You can serve with roasted vegetables or a fresh salad and a side of rice, quinoa or couscous. These are also great to serve as chicken burgers.