- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy Flourless Three Ingredient Nutella Brownie Cupcake
Quick Facts About Nutella Spread
- Nutella was first imported from Italy to USA over 25 years ago
- Uses no artificial colors or preservatives
- Made from hazelnut, cocoa and skim milk
- Created in the 1940s by Pietro Ferrero
You can find more information at Nutella's site.
Brownie, Cupcake or Both
When I was younger, I preferred brownies over cupcakes. I think that was a time before cupcakes were so popular. I also thought it was easier to bake up some brownies because they didn't require icing. Plus, they were chocolate and I loved chocolate. I still do but now I am also a fan of cupcakes. I love baking them, decorating them and eating them. I have developed a bit more of a sweet tooth as I age. I remember not being a big sugar junkie in my younger days but now I have kids of my own and I am more interested in baking, propelling me to explore new sugary recipes to create. I know, I need to stop with all the sugar and I have been trying but it is tough!
(My next challenge is to explore more ways to create desserts without sugar). When I allow myself to have cheat days, however, I want to try something new and flavorful.
My most recent baking exploration led me to these brownie cupcake hybrid treats. They are packed with flavor since the main ingredient is Nutella. This recipe allows you to label these as a type of brownie or you can go the extra step and turn them into cupcakes. Add on the cream cheese frosting and you are ready for some happy taste buds.
Clear Mixing Bowls to Mix Your Dessert
Nutella Cupcake with Nutella Cream Cheese Icing
Nutella Brownie Cupcake
Nutella Brownie-Cupcake Hybrid
Some recipes may not clearly fall into one category, like this Nutella dessert. Either way, it is tasty and I like that you can manipulate it into a brownie texture or make into a cupcake. I am sure there are plenty more ways to bake with Nutella. I actually experimented with Nutella brittle, too. I will be sharing that somewhere soon. For those who like brittle, that recipe will be a nice one to try.
Visit me on my blog for another recipe idea using Nutella:
Bake in Jar and Save for Later
Grab This Great Deal on Large Nutella
Top it with More Chocolate
Cook Time for Nutella Brownie Cupcakes
Ingredients for Nutella Brownie Cupcakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup sugar, (I used brown sugar).
Instructions to Make Nutella Brownie Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking pan with cupcake liners or if you want the traditional brownie bars, grease a 9x12 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix Nutella, egg and sugar. Pour into baking cups or baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until top begins to look dried and crack. Do not over cook. Inside will be a little gooey. You do not want to have it harden much as it will harden a bit more as it cools.
- After it is done cooling, cut into bars or if making cupcakes, you can add the Nutella cream cheese topping, if desired. Instructions for that are below.
Don't Forget Your Spatula
Nutella Cream Cheese Icing
One of my favorite types of icing is cream cheese icing. I love strawberry cream cheese icing but this time I was all about Nutella. I thought, "Why not throw in some Nutella flavor into the icing, too?" So, I did just that! If that is too much Nutella for you, then just cut out the Nutella from this icing recipe and maybe use strawberry cream cheese instead of plain cream cheese.
Three Main Ingredients
How to Make Nutella Cream Cheese Icing
You will need:
- 1 package of cream cheese, 8 ounces, softened
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk
- 2-3 tablelspoons Nutella
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and butter. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix until smooth. Add vanilla extract and 2-3 tablespoons of Nutella, depending on how much of the taste you prefer. If it is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of milk.
Brownie in a Jar
See the Nutrition Information for This Recipe Here:
A Treat to Share
This dessert is one that you will want to bring to parties or serve to friends after dinner or as a special surprise for a loved one. If you bake it in a jar, grab two spoons and enjoy it together. The flavor is rich and moist so I personally, could not eat more than one serving at a time, which makes it perfect to share with someone else.
Video of More Fun Nutella Facts
You Might Also Like This Two Ingredient Pineapple Food Cake
- Easy Two Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake
Two ingredients make this recipe easy and delicious for a light dessert! Have kids help and serve at a party or for a quick treat at home.
Extra Ingredients and Toppings to Add into Nutella Dessert
Into the Batter
White chocolate chips
Another tasty tip: You can spread Nutella on saltine crackers for that sweet and salty combination. A snack kids and adults alike will enjoy.
Some other ideas to eat Nutella are to spread it on a sandwich. Add some sliced strawberries or sliced bananas, too.
How do you like to eat Nutella?
You Might Also Like These Other Recipes:
- Easy Two Ingredient Flourless Pancakes and Waffles
Try these flourless pancakes and waffles using only two ingredients: bananas and eggs! Perfect for an easy, fast and healthy breakfast or even for brunch or dinner, too!
- Rainbow Food Ideas for Easter or a Kid's Party
Rainbows are something that grabs a child's attention. Add some color to your party table with these rainbow cupcakes and try these other rainbow food ideas for Easter or for a child's party.