Easy Vegan Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole Recipe
The creation of the Green Bean Casserole
Did you ever wonder who first created the green bean casserole? Well, I did. It came as no surprise to me that the Campbell Soup Company created it. A staff member of the home economics department, Dorcas Reilly led the team that created it in 1955. The idea behind this recipe was to present a recipe to the public that would use something that most households routinely have in their cupboards. Lucky for us they came up with this delicious popular recipe.
Through the years this simple dish has become a favorite comfort food and a must have at Thanksgiving. It has become so popular at Holiday time that it seems as though no one can imagine Thanksgiving dinner without this dish. This dish generally contains about 180 calories per serving and 10 grams of fat. It may not be the best dish for your diet, but it is considered by many to be the best tasting.
Vegan Green Bean Casserole Crockpot Recipe
- 1 pkg (16 oz) frozen green beans
- 1 can (13 1/2 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 small can French Fried Onions
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- nonstick cooking spray
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan. Add frozen green beans and boil for about 3 minutes.
- Drain and seperate beans.
- Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Blend together cream of mushroom soup, milk, celantro, dash of salt and dash of pepper.
- Add blended ingredients, green beans, chopped onions, and 1/2 of the French Fried Onions to crockpot and blend well.
- Cook on low for 6 hours
Green Bean Casserole #2
1 pkg (16 oz) frozen green beans
1 can (10 1/2 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp cilantro
1 tsp sage
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 small can sliced mushrooms
1 small can French Fried Onions
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1/2 slivered almonds
nonstick cooking spray
Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
In bowl combine milk, mushroom soup, cilantro, sage, salt and pepper.
Place frozen green beans, onions, mushrooms, and half of the French fried Onions in crockpot.
Pour mushroom mixture over ingredients in crockpot.
Cook on low for 4 hours.
- A Introduction to Vegetarianism and Veganism
Introduction to the terms vegetarian and vegan, their meanings and on adopting a meat free diet.
- Green Bean Casseroles
Makes 10 servings This is the classic green bean casserole recipe popular on so many Thanksgiving menus. It's so simple anyone can make it. Making and heating only takes 30 minutes. All that is required is mixing the ingredients together. Then just..
- Dairy Substitutes for Vegan Diet and Casein Free Die...
New to a vegan diet or casein free diet? This is an overview of dairy substitute products for milk, cheese, butter and eggs. References and resources included.
- Living With a Strict Vegan: The Do's and Don'ts
My 16 year old daughter has been a strict vegan for some time now. She started as a vegetarian in middle school. I think everyone that loves animals goes through that phase at some time in their life. I went vegetarian for a little while, but it...