Easy Vegan Chocolate Cookies
I created these cookies by using a non-vegan recipe and substituting the ingredients. Although I don't know how similar these cookies are to the non-vegan original, they taste amazing and look pretty similar. Even my non-vegan friends and family can't get enough of them. For this reason I thought I'd post the recipe here for you all to enjoy.
- 200g Dairy Free Margarine
- 300g Sugar
- 60ml Vegetable Oil
- 275g Self-Raising Flour
- 75g Cocoa Powder
- A Dash of Rice/Almond/Soy Milk
- A Large Bar of Dairy Free Chocolate/Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar in a bowl.
- Pour in the vegetable oil, followed by the dry ingredients and stir using a wooden spoon.
- Keep stirring until the mixture reaches a regular consistency, it may look dry at first.
- Add a dash of milk.
- Break up the chocolate and add to the mixture using your hands to get it into the dough.
- Grease and line 2 trays.
- Picking up the dough in small handfuls roll it between your hands to create a ball and place on the tray. Don't place the cookies too close together as they do spread.
- Bake the cookies for around 11 minutes, when you get them out of the oven they don't look cooked but as they cool they harden. If you leave them in for longer they may overcook and become too hard.
- Leave them to cool for around 30 minutes and then tuck in and enjoy!