- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Easy Vegan Easter Dinner for a Crowd
Rate This Meal
- 12 carrots, peeled and chopped (organic carrots are sweet)
- 1 medium sweet potato or yam, peeled and chopped
- 4 c. water
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. nondairy milk
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (msg-free)
- 1/4 t. each of rosemary, ginger, and salt
Place all ingredients in a pot or crock pot and cook, starting on high heat, then reducing to low. Mash for chunky or blend for smooth and serve.
My inspiration for this loaf was the desire to have a family meal similar to the kind I ate as a child. Prepare whatever side dishes you feel would compliment your roast and appeal to your family.
- 1 pkg. LightLife: Gimme Lean sausage, vegan sausage in a tube; not granuals
- 2 sheets waxed paper
- 2 c. soft bread crumbs, crouton-size
- 1 1/2 c. apple, chopped
- 1/4 c. walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 c. celery, chopped
- 1/2 c. yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 1 t. dry sage
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a sheet of waxed paper, approximately 18" long on your preparation area. Place your sausage roll on the paper and cover with a second sheet of waxed paper. Using a rolling pin, flatten.
- Mix all remaining ingredients until spongy, not soupy. Remove the top sheet of waxed paper. Spread the mixture over the "pork" to 1-inch short of the edges. Lift one end of the paper to roll. Roll the roast off the paper, creating a firmly packed log. Place the roll in a bread dish/pan (9" X 5"). Salt and pepper the outer surface. Tightly cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. If dry, add 1/2 cup of water around the loaf. Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Makes 12 Candies
These easy to make candies are perfect for an end of the meal treat, especially on Easter.
- 1 c. coconut, shredded, unsweetened
- 1/2 c. almond butter
- 2 T. cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 c. rice syrup, (or other thick sweetener)
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- pinch salt
Mix all ingredients well and shape into balls, the size of a ping pong ball. Decorate with a vegan jelly bean (Brach's, Surf Sweets, Yum Earth, Jelly Belly).