Easy Vegan Spaghetti Recipe With Fake Meat
This healthy and nutritious vegan dinner is great for beginning vegans or vegetarians and can really curb your meat cravings. It's also a great source of quality protein on top of being delicious. The ingredients aren't in some crazy place either like "Sunshine's Animal Friendly Bargaining Center". You can find all of these products at either Smith's or Walmart. If there is not a small section for vegetarian or vegan products, you can usually find them near the vegetables. I highly recommend all Yves products, and the Tofurkey Italian Sausages will make the most hardcore meat eaters consider vegetarianism. I do want to be candid and say that Yves Meatless Ground tastes awful; it just plain sucks. I add it because it brings great texture and extra quality nutrients. Cook and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This tastes pretty much like the real deal to me. I feel like I can taste the sweet tears of tortured cows (although no cows were harmed). However, your taste buds change after not having meat for so long! So, what I'm saying is keep an open mind if this is your first vegetarian or vegan dinner. You may be expecting the savory taste of saturated fat, but focus more on the great mix of spices. Keep at it!
- Bring 4-6 quarts of water to boil.
- Add package or desired servings of pasta to boiling water. Let cook for 8 minutes.
- Cut Tofurkey Italian Sausages.
- Pour 2 teaspoons Olive Oil or 2 teaspoons Earth Balance to a pan or pot and add Tofurkey Italian Sausage slices. Cook for 6 minutes.
- I pinch in some diced garlic and Garlic and Herb "No Salt" here because I love garlic. It may be too much for you.
- Add bottle of pasta sauce to sausages and package of Yves Meatless Ground. Add 2 teaspoons of diced garlic. Add 2 tablespoons of Basel leaves. Stir.
- Drain pasta once cooked.
- Mix and serve!
- 1 package Whole Grain Spaghetti, As whole grain as you can get! Mix with 4-6 quarts of water.
- 4 sausages Tofurkey Italian Sausage
- 1 package Yves Meatless Ground
- 1 bottle Francesco Rinaldi Tomato and Basel Sauce, Substitute any pasta sauce, just check the ingredients!
- Lots of Love!, The rest of the ingredients are optional.
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil, or you can substitute Earth Butter
- 2 teaspoons Earth Balance, or you can substitute Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Basel Leaves
- 2 teaspoons Diced Garlic, I add more than this, but I love garlic...too much.
- 3 pinches Garlic and Herbs "No Salt"
|Serving size: 1/10|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Carbohydrates 43 g||14%|
|Sugar 7 g|
|Fiber 10 g||40%|
|Protein 24 g||48%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|