- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy Way to Excellent Health is Drinking the Green Smoothie
Green Smoothies are All the Rage
In many cities in 2012 juice bars are opening with increasing frequency selling non-traditional alternative plant-based beverages from coconut milk to milkshake juices made from fruits such as mangoe or veggies such as collard greens. Blenders are busy in homes as well blending natural (not processed if possible) honey and apples frozen bananas and strawberries creating a creamy mixture rich in all kinds of drinks with the texture and taste of shakes but they avoid the dietary-dilemma of high calories. Nutritious and tasty and a great meal replacement to boot!
Green smoothies daily you help inject enough fruits and vegetables into your diet in a simple way. Do you start with green smoothies? Let me help you get started with tips!
Why drink green smoothies?
Green smoothies are, as some books portray them, the solution for nearly all health problems in the Western world. That is quite a claim--and in large part it may just be true.
By drinking green smoothies daily, you will feel not only fit and energetic, but your skin becomes more beautiful, you lose fat, reduce allergic reactions, acne, reduce the risk of diseases such as cancer and osteoporosis and so on.
Green smoothies help you sleep better, gives your sex life a helping hand, provides a more "awake" feeling, less sweating, less body odour, improves the absorption of vitamins...the list goes on and on.
The founder of the "green smoothie" is Victoria Boutenko's book Green For Life has convinced millions to introduce green smoothies into their daily routine. In her book she explains, on the basis of scientific research just why green smoothies give such a tremendous positive impact on your health.
The hidden power of green leafy vegetables
At the base of each green smoothie are green leafy vegetables. Research shows that people are much healthier if they add more greens to their diet.
Green leafy vegetables are a category in themselves, and differ in many respects from more popular vegetables like peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers (technically all three fruits) and beans.
While we all fruits and vegetables are considered to be healthy research shows that most people have far too few green leafy vegetables in their diet.
Green leafy vegetables are an important source of protein, vitamins, fiber, antioxidants and minerals. They contain substances that are found in no other type of vegetable. Green leafy vegetables also help 'acidification' of the body.
That means they contain substances that cleanse your body of toxins that can accumulate due to air pollution, processed foods and the death of your own body cells.
By adding green smoothies to your diet you will notice a difference within two weeks in your body. You are undergoing a kind of detox treatment, and you will quickly feel fitter and healthier.
To create the perfect green smoothies
begin drinking green smoothies is not difficult. Buy fresh leafy vegetables, buy some tasty fresh fruit and get a good blender. Preparing
a smoothie takes only a few minutes, a blender and get four big glasses or bottles to store it in, or drink them right away with others.
Every green smoothie consists of three basic ingredients. Fill your blender with about 60% by volume fruit, leafy vegetables 40% by volume and two glasses of water. Mix the ingredients well and add any extra water or fruit to the smoothie sweetener if necessary to get used to 'it.
The taste of the fruit dominates, so you may find you don't need a sweetener at all. Try to have breakfast with fresh kale or
spinach, odd as that sounds. When you get enough fresh fruit added,a delicious, healthy, smoothie is the result. And try throwing in a banana or mango! Yummers.
Pick the best in the country
you almost certainly have heard it is not good to have too much of one kind of green leafy vegetable into your diet. Thus, too much spinach or
basil may eventually harm you. For this reason it is extremely important to 'rotate' the green vegetables in your smoothie on a regular
By consistantly rotating you will ensure you really benefit from the best nature has to offer. You can leave a fresh green smoothie for three days in a refrigerator, so you can easily build up a
small supply to last part of the week.
Also you would be well
to choose organic greens. Because organic vegetables are not sprayed, they end up in a healthy soil full of essential minerals and nutrients.
When you start drinking green smoothies, you'll meet the large number of leafy vegetables out there to try. Vary to your heart's content. Spinach, various lettuces, kale, mint, basicilum, chard, parsley, celery and so on.
Delicious 3 Green Smoothie Recipes
Here are three delicious green smoothie recipes to get you started.
The proportions of the ingredients are just a suggestion--the recipes are intended as a starting point. You can choose to taste and experience more or less fruit, or add other good ingredients (such as flaxseed).
4 ripe kiwi (green or gold, possibly with skin)
1 ripe banana
3 sticks celery
2 glasses of water
4 ripe pears
5 leaves fresh kale
Half bunch fresh mint
2 glasses of water
2 handfulls of strawberries (including the green crown)
Half bunch romaine lettuce
2 glasses of water
Remember to take it easy and let your body get used to all those vegetables! In time you will be drinking green smoothies regularly and feeling the benefits forever.
- Combine a banana cut into pieces, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, the pulp of an avocado and a pinch of ginger powder in a blender and blend up everything for a few minutes until you get the desired consistency. Depending on your taste, you can add to your yummy shake the juice of half a lemon.
- Smoothie Spinach Delight The spinach smoothie is a simple way to add vegetables to anyone's diet. Together in the blender a handful of fresh spinach leaves, a sliced banana, four de-stoned dates and a glass of soy or almond milk. Dates and banana should give the smoothie a good sweet flavor, which will allow you to avoid adding sugar.
- Soy Milk Shake It is a protein drink you will get simply by blending together 150 grams of tofu cut into small cubes, two tablespoons of peanut butter, a sliced banana and a glass of soy milk. You can also add one or two ice cubes.
- Smoothie with Blueberries It will be even more delicious if you have the opportunity to prepare using freshly picked blueberries. Blend 200 grams of blueberries with a banana into slices and some ice cubes, adding water as needed until you get the desired consistency.
- Smoothie with Almonds and Coconut You will need: the flesh of a coconut medium-size, 250 ml of coconut milk or almond milk, a handful of almonds left to soak in water overnight and four or five pitted dates. Blend everything pouring a little at a time, to regulate the drink-- depending on the density which you want to obtain.