- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
How To Make Easy and Delicious Olive Bread
The Worlds Easiest Bread!
Vegetarian Olive Bread made out of Pantry Leftovers
Clearing out the pantry as I am about to start a raw food diet I discovered some yeast, some plain flour and was struck with a moment of inspiration, I would make my world famous (alright, famous in my house) olive bread. It would use up the flour and yeast and give me a last carb hit before I begin my quest to super health on a raw food diet.
To add a little more yum to the olive bread I raided the fridge and found some oil dipped sun dried tomatoes and the mixed olives that were left over from a mezze gathering we had indulged in a few nights before. One of the many reasons I need to change my diet! too much over indulgence.
Anyway, enough of my eating habits and back to the olive oil bread. It's easy to make, requires very little effort, is almost impossible to muck up and best of all you can add different ingredients. Follow these easy steps and you too will be enjoying this bread with your next Italian feast.
Quick, easy, healthy Bread. Just like my Recipe.
More inspiration to get you away from processed breads and into healthy, crusty, delicious loaves!
A Delicious Loaf of Vegetarian Olive Oil Bread
How Yummy is This!
How Long Does it Take?
Ingredients I had in my Pantry
- 500 grams Flour, I Used Plain
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 7 grams Yeast
- 300 ml Water
- 1 handful Chopped Olives and Sundried Tomatoes
Making Simple Olive Oil Bread in Pictures
How Easy is it to make Vegetarian Olive Oil Bread. This Easy!
- I promised easy and easy it is. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a small well in the centre.
- The 300ml of water should be 100ml of hot and 200ml of cold mixed together. Yeast loves warm water. Dip your finger in the mix to make sure it is warm to the touch. Pour the water in to your well, all at once.
- Add the olive oil then start mixing. Once your have a sticky ball of dough, tip it out onto a floured, flat bench and start kneading.
- Knead the dough till you have a nice smooth lump free ball of doughy goodness. Put the dough back in the bowl and cover with a tea towel. Go away for an hour.
- Tip the dough out again and knead it flat, then combine the olives and sundried tomatoes. Knead the mixture to remove any air bubbles and make sure the olives/tomatoes are evenly mixed in.
- Put on some oiled greaseproof paper and cover for 30 minutes. Score the top of the loaf and then pop the dough into a preheated 220c oven. After about 30 minutes cooking you will have a crunchy, brown loaf that smells as good as it tastes.
A Bread Maker makes the job even Easier
A bread maker will give you the perfect loaf of Vegetarian Olive Oil Bread every time. Just insert the ingredients and come back to a delicious, crunchy loaf.
Further Inspiration to bake more Bread
Why eat ordinary when you can bake the extraordinary?