Greek Chicken Wraps: Easy and Healthy Sandwich
Preparing Your Chicken Wraps
Many years ago I had a wrap similar to this one at a well known restaurant chain. Although they no longer carry it on their menu, I always loved having it. The original version was much less healthy with sun dried tomato mayonnaise. I decided to make this a little healthier by using Greek yogurt instead of the mayonnaise, however adding the sun dried tomatoes adds a nice, unexpected flavor.
Preparing for your chicken wraps is very easy. In fact this recipe is so easy that you will have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup of sliced Greek (or black) olives (I like the saltiness of the Greek olives but black olives are a little more kid friendly!)
1/2 cup of Feta cheese
5-6 sliced sun dried tomatoes
4 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- Trim chicken breasts of visible skin and fat.
- Season each side of the breasts with the Cavender Greek Seasoning and Garlic Powder.
- Place the chicken on a grill, panini maker or in the oven. I like the grill marks on my chicken breasts so I start them on our panini maker for about 10 minutes and then finish them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 more minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, you can prepare the fresh tzatziki sauce using the provided recipe.
- Chop up the olives, feta cheese, lettuce, and slice the sun dried tomatoes into long, thin strips. Set aside until for assembly of your wrap.
**Cavender is a Greek seasoning that is delicious on meats and in soups. I find it at my local grocer in the spice aisle. If you cannot find it, it is available on amazon.
Cavender Greek Seasoning
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (If you don't have or can't find Greek yogurt, plain yogurt will work it will just be thinner)
- 1-2 Tbs. of fresh lemon (to taste)
- 1/4 cup of diced cucumbers (I like to chop mine a little larger because I like the crunch of the cucumbers.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove of diced garlic
This is an easy version of tzatziki sauce that can be used for many other wraps or sandwiches.
Assembling Your Chicken Wraps
Assembling your wrap is quick and easy. Simply follow these steps to a tantalizing taste of flavors!
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, let it rest for about 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle.
- Slice the chicken on an angle into slices that are about 1/2 inch wide.
- Place 3-4 slices of chicken on a wrap. Then spoon the yogurt dressing onto the wrap.
- Sprinkle the lettuce, feta cheese, olives, and sun dried tomatoes on the chicken. Note: I did forget to buy the sun dried tomatoes for this recipe so you will not see them in the picture but don't forget to add them like me! They are a great addition.
- Fold opposite ends of the wrap in about one inch. Then roll the wrap from one of the remaining open ends to the other end and cut in half. Your wrap is now ready to eat, enjoy!