- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Chocolate Desserts
Easy and Very Light Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Rice Crispy Balls
What Do They Taste Like?
These surprisingly light treats are like Reese's but with crispy crunch. The peanut butter balls can be rolled up to a day in advance. You can package these in decorative cellophane bags and tie with ribbon.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a sauce pan, combine peanut butter and butter over low heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the crispy rice cereal and powdered sugar.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture and bring together using a silcone spatula.
- Scoop a rounded teaspoon full of peanut butter mixture and roll into balls.
- Place on rimmed cookie sheets and refrigerate until firm.
- Place an inch of water in a sauce pan, and place a metal bowl on top of it to create a double boiler. Melt the chocolate and stir occasionally until smooth.
- Using a spoon, roll the ball into the chocolate and returned to a lined baking sheet. Make 105 balls.
- Return baking sheet to the refrigerator until the chocolate is firm.