- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Easy and healthy dessert idea!
Easy and healthy dessert idea
- 2 quarts of berries blueberries, any fresh fruit will do!
- 1/3 cup Sweet Leaf, combination of sugar and stevia
- 1/2 cup wheat flour, you can also use, rice,,almond or coconut flour
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats, or crushed corn flakes,kasha or quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans, or walnuts
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup yogurt or ice cream, I use a vanilla yogurt
- Cover the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish or 2 oblong personal size ramikins with spray oil or butter. Pre-heat either your oven or a toaster oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and drain the berries for the size of dessert you need. Split six ounces for 2 personal servings or 2 quarts for the entire dessert.
- Take the drained berries and line the bottom of your baking vessel. Set it aside.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. You can use 2 butter knives or a pastry blender to cut the coconut oil before adding it into the mixture. Sprinkle either the entire bowl of the oatmeal mixture over the berries in the 13 x 9 pan or, 1/3 cup of the mixture into your personal sized baking dishes. Place in the heated oven for 12-15 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes and then top it with either yogurt or ice cream.
- If you are making personal size desserts, you can store the rest of the oatmeal mixture in a storage container in the fridge up to 1 month.
Fast and healthy
The best part of this recipe is its flexibility. You can make this gluten-free with corn flakes and use an gluten-free flour. You can pump up the coconut taste by just adding some shredded coconut, 1/2 cup will do. For that matter, any fruit available will do, including frozen fruits you may have available.
In the summer, I double the topping part of the recipe and store it in the fridge. When I get home from my local Farmer's Market, I can have a tasty dessert in minutes!
You can find Sweet Leaf most anywhere nowadays. It has 2/3 less calories than sugar. Stevia is a natural product extracted from the plant. It can be overbearing when used alone so the Sweet Leaf mixture is brillant. It has a nice balance of both flavors. If you prefer to use all sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar works nicely too. I love desserts that are healthy AND guilt-free!