- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pork Recipes
Easy baked pork ribs recipe
One medium onion, roughly cut
2 tsp. soy sauce
your choice of veggies(optional)
salt+pepper to taste
Click images to enlarge
This recipe is really hard to mess up. You will need aluminum foil and a baking dish or pan large enough to fit the ribs inside.For the photos I used a two inch deep 9x13 glass one.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 300ºF. Rinse off your ribs(not your ribs, your pork ribs) and cut them to fit in the pan if necessary.
2. If you are using BBQ sauce spread a small amount in the bottom of the pan, add the ribs, then brush the tops of them with more sauce. If two racks of ribs are on top of one another then put sauce between them as well.
If you are using onions and spices (as I am in the photos) place the rack in then sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste and 1tsp of soy sauce. If you like garlic add it now too, just remember it smells really loud baking. Rub these seasonings into the ribs, then top with the roughly chopped onions.
3. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Put it into the pre-heated 300º oven and bake for a 1 to 1 1/2 hours. More time means more tender ribs, to an extent. Don't burn them.
4. Carefully take the dish out of the oven and gently remove the aluminum foil, being sure to leave the shape intact. Flip the ribs over.
If you are using BBQ sauce brush the top of the ribs with it.
If you are using onions and spices add the rest of the salt, pepper, soy sauce and garlic(if you used it). If you want to steam some veggies in with the ribs now is the time to add them. Put them on top of the ribs if you don't want the juices all over the veggies. For this recipe I used red and yellow tomatoes and canned mushrooms, but you can use just about any fresh or canned vegetable you would like. Broccoli, bell pepper, potatoes, and/or carrots are all perform well in this type of dish. Use your imagination, lots of colors make a really appetizing meal.
5. Replace the aluminum foil and return dish to the oven, still at 300º. Bake for and additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
6. Remove the dish and let it cool for a few minutes then add more BBQ sauce to the top OR put the vegetables in a dish to the side. Cut up the ribs into whatever size servings you see fit and pig out!