Easy cheap delicious dinner rolls $0.11 each fresh at home!
These dinner rolls are my family favorite!
I am a mother of five active picky children so I have learned to cook in a budget as healthy as I can feed them. These dinner rolls go with any meal and everyone loves them. How can you go wrong with them costing only about a dime a roll?? They are as big as ready made rolls at the store and you cannot mess these up, I promise!!
Find these at your Walmart!
I believe these rolls are sold exclusively at Walmart. In our area in Maine the price is at the moment $3.96. you will get 36 rolls so my quick math makes the price per roll about 11 cents. They will be in the frozen section under "frozen bread", usually close to your pizza and frozen bagged vegetables. I only use as many as I need to have one each for the dinner but you could do a bunch and eat them over next few days.
How to make them just perfect!
- Take them out in the morning. I usually do this between 7am to 8am. I've forgot few times and took them out around noon and they were still ready to bake at 5pm. The colder it is in your kitchen longer it will take for them to rise. As long as you leave them out for at least five hours you should be ok.
- I use the 13 x 9 rectangular glass dish and you can fit 8 rolls in that one easily. I normally make 7 at the time. You could also use a cookie sheet or any other baking dish you have at home.
- Before placing the rolls in the dish get out your cooking spray and spray the dish generously. Place rolls in the dish few inches apart. Spray them with cooking spray, again don't skimp since the cooking spray will give the rolls nice buttery surface.
- Place your dish to your stove. I know the bag tells you to use plastic wrap on top but I skipped this the first time doing them (since I had none lol) and they turned out perfect so I never bothered using it . It's up to you, if you only have few hours it might speed up the rising process.
- When rolls are doubled the size ( I think they grow almost triple ) bake them just like bag tells you. I use middle rack 350 degrees and 20 minutes.
- That's it! Take them out and serve! Look at the photos under to see how they should look. I have made these dozens of times and they look as great every time. Enjoy with your dinner!
Rate these instructions
Unbleached Enriched White Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate Or Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Soybean Oil And/Or Canola Oil, Yeast, Salt, Malt, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Yeast Nutrients (Calcium Sulfate, Ammonium Chloride), Ascorbic Acid, Enzyme (Added For Improved Baking). Contains Wheat, Soy. Individuals With Food Allergies: This Product Is Manufactured In A Facility That Processes Foods Containing Wheat, Milk, Soy And Seeds. Rhodes Does Not Use Any Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Meat, Fish, Or Shellfish. This Product Was Produced On A Line That Is Dedicated Solely to Non-Dairy Items.