Easy cheese and mushroom meatloaf plus other meatloaf options
Yummy Meatloaf Recipes
As with almost any recipe, you can tweak the ingredients however you'd like. Here are some additional options:
- Cheddar cheese
- Almost any cheese or cheese mixture is amazingly good
- Dry onion soup mix (in place of chopped onion)
- 1 Cup crushed saltine crackers (instead of bread crumbs)
- Sliced ham in the center
- 1/2 cup-1 cup chopped pickles mixed with ketchup and mustard to taste (in the center or on top of the meatloaf)
- Finely chopped vegetables in place of 1/4 of meat mixture (carrots, celery, onions, etc)
- Any spices that you enjoy (basil, oregano, cumin, worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, chopped garlic, garlic salt/powder) to taste
- Use 3/4 lb beef and 3/4 lb venison for a spectacular tasting meatloaf
- You can spoon the meat mixture into cupcake tins for individual loaves. I've done this and the family loves it!
- You can take the entire meat mixture, flatten on a cookie sheet to 1" thickness, add toppings like cheese and mushrooms or vegetables, and roll up like a jelly roll. Place on cookie sheet to bake.
- Mix 1/2 cup-1 cup (your choice) ketchup, 1 Tbsp mustard, and 1/4 C brown sugar.
- Barbecue sauce
- Mix 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Thick brown gravy
- Heinz 57 sauce
- A1 steak sauce (you can mix the Heinz 57 and A1 with ketchup as well)
- 1 cup ketchup, 1 Tsp liquid smoke, and 1/4 cup brown sugar (sugar optional)
- 1 cup ketchup, 1 Tbsp mustard, and 1/2 cup chopped pickles
- 1 1/2 Lbs ground beef/venison
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Cup dry bread crumbs
- 5-6 oz canned or fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup ketchup
- Put all ingredients, except ketchup, mozzarella cheese, and mushrooms, in large bowl and mix well. Using your hands works best.
- Place half of the meat mixture in oven-safe baking dish (spread evenly), cover with mushrooms and cheese, then place remaining meat mixture on top and spread evenly. I like to add ketchup to the top of the meatloaf before I bake, but that is up to you.
- Bake in oven at 350 for one hour. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Add ketchup to top of meatloaf (optional).