Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
How I cook Spaghetti Bolognese
Spaghetti Bolognese is one of my favourite easy to cook dinner or supper as it takes only half an hour to forty five minutes to prepare and cook. Here is my easy recipe. And also it saves you money on your shopping bill. In Asda, they sell one packet for 25 pence and that is really cheap.
Home made Spaghetti Bolognese
Ingredients for Spaghetti Bolognese
- 500grams minced beef, lean
- 440grams Bolognese sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree, tinned or tube
- 1 cube beef stock
- 6 litres water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 fresh tomatoes
Cooking Spaghetti Bolognese
- Put the water in a saucepan and start boiling it. Add salt and a little olive oil.
- Cut up the onion and garlic then set aside.
- Cut up the tomatoes into small cubes, set aside.
- To make the sauce, put the rest of the olive oil in a pan, when hot add the garlic and onions, stir until nearly brown, add the tomatoes and stir until tomatoes are soft.
- Add the minced meat and stir for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the mince meat is nearly cooked.
- Add black pepper, Bolognese sauce, beef stock, and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- Check if the water has boiled then add the spaghetti sticks, when the spaghetti sticks are soft, they are ready. Drain the water by putting it through a strainer.Then either mix the spaghetti sauce mix with the spaghetti or dish them up separately.
- If you like, put the spaghetti on a plate then put the spaghetti sauce mix on top. For me, to save time and mucking about I put the spaghetti and sauce mix together and mix them all up then dish it up on a plate.
- You can add grated cheese on top of the spaghetti if you like just before serving. Serve with salad or without salad. Garlic bread is also a good accompaniment.
Tasty Spaghetti Bolognese
This is an easy cook dinner that you can eat any time of the day really. What I like about spaghetti bolognese is that it takes little time to cook and cheap to buy. It saves you money. If you are hungry as well, it will be cooked in about half an hour to forty five minutes. And if you cook too much you can freeze your left over for next time when you got no time to cook. Just take it out from the freezer, defroze it, microwave it and eat it. Job done. Just prepare some salad and baguettes to go with it.