- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Chocolate Desserts
Easy rich dark chocolate mousse recipe
Easy dark chocolate mousse
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 1 hour 15 min
Yields: 2 - 4
- 6oz dark chocolate
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4oz caster sugar
- 3oz whole milk
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over a pan of hot water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Bring the milk to the boil in another pan, and then pour this over the melted chocolate. Stir with a whisk.
- Add the egg yolk and mix thoroughly. Dip your finger in the chocolate to test the temperature - it should be hot but not burning (around 40C). Allow to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate mixing bowl, add the sugar a little bit at a time. Whisk briskly, and then add the rest of the egg whites. Stir.
- Pour the mousse into individual bowls/glasses or into one large serving bowl.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.