- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy healthy recipes: Gazpacho
Gazpacho is a beverage but we could say it is a liquid salad, it can be a perfect appetizer to substitute a traditional salad, like the Genovese Salad, or as an accompaniment.
Normally you should drink it in summer as a refreshing drink as it is served cold but nowadays it is served as an alternative to salads in many Mediterranian restaurants and also can be a good way to use ripe tomatoes.
If you prefer you can serve it in a dish with diced pepper, tomato, cucumber and egg to improve the presentation.
- 1.5 kg. ripe tomatoes
- 1 fresh cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- bread crumb
- Peel the tomatoes removing the seeds.
- Wash and chop the peppers and peel the cucumber.
- Chop all the vegetables in the bowl whisk, add the peeled garlic and the bread crumbs soaked in vinegar.
- Blend until you have a fine puree.
- Add salt, vinegar and some water if needed.
- Add oil and process until well blended and emulsified.
- Serve in a glass or a dish if you prefer to eat it as a soup. You can add diced vegetables as a special touch.