- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy healthy recipes: Genovese salad
This is a simple Mediterranean salad, with lettuce, tomatoes, pepper and anchovies. It is a perfect appetizer before an abundant main dish as it will help your digestion, combined with some fruit as dessert.
If you already have boiled eggs you can skip the cook time and it can be a fast dish for fast commuting. Also can be perfectly taken in a lunch box as it is served cold.
- 1 lettuce
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 50 gr. black olives
- If you don't have boiled eggs, boil the eggs in salted water for 10 minutes.
- Cool and peel the eggs, cut it in portions
- Wash the vegetables.
- Prepare the lettuce and chop the tomatoes and the peppers, the size depends on your liking, I prefer them a little chunky
- Put the lettuce in a bowl, mix with the egg, the green and red peppers.
- Garnish eggs with strips of anchovies and olives.
- In the center you can form a pyramid of olives and tomatoes wedges.
- Dress to your liking and serve cold.