- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Easy Homemade Pasta Dinner
I normally make dinner three or four times a week (depending on how much if any leftovers are there to finish off). However; making dinner fresh every day gets tedious (not some much because of the time it takes to make, but deciding on what to cook). So, anytime I can make a larger amount of dinner that will last a few days is always welcome. The following is an inexpensive and simply quick (healthy) meal last can make a multiple days of meals and last (fresh) for up to a week, that you can just heat up I the microwave for a quick bite to eat. Using ground beef, yellow onion and regular pasta, instead of turkey, red onion and whole wheat pasta, is just fine.
1 (16 oz.) box of whole wheat macaroni pasta
1 lb. ground turkey
1 medium red onion, diced
1 (24 oz.) jar pasta sauce (any type you like)
Black Pepper (to taste)
Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
1. In a large cooking over medium high heat sauté onion with a little black pepper.
2. Add meat and Cook ground turkey and onions together until meats is fully cooked.
3. Drain any fat and/or liquid from the meat.
4. Return meat and onions to pot.
5. Mix pasta into meat and onion. Add red pepper if desired.
6. Heat over lower heat while cooking the pasta.
7. Drain pasta.
8. Add pasta to the pasta sauce and meat/onion mixture.
9. Stir all ingredients together.
10. Serve with side salad or garlic bread.
11. Place any remaining pasta in a sealable Tupperware and refrigerate.
12. The pasta will last up to a week in the fridge, and is just as good reheated in the microwave.