- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy Leftovers Stew / Chili Recipe
Usually, when I make a large dinner, I tend to simply eat the same thing every day for dinner until the leftovers are finished off. However; sometimes, I like to make something new out of the leftovers, so I can have a little variety. (Plus, I go through the freezer and see what’s been there for a while and needs using up.)The following recipe is for a chili/stew using left ground meat, beans, rice, onion and peppers from making burritos the night before. I also use some stewing beef from the freezer and some canned chili. You can always vary the ingredients depending on what you have in terms of leftovers. Enjoy!
2.5 lbs. stewing beef
1 cup yellow onion, diced (leftovers)
1 cup bell pepper, diced (leftovers)
4 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Oregano
½ teaspoon Marjoram
Oil (for pan)
1 cup cooked ground turkey and onions, (leftovers)
1 cup black beans, (leftovers)
2 (15 oz.) cans chili
1 cup brown rice (leftover), optional
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Drizzle a 10x13 baking dish with oil.
3. Add the stewing beef, diced onions, diced bell peppers, garlic, herbs and spices to the pan.
4. Cook uncovered for 45-60 minutes until the meat is tender.
5. When meat is tender remove from oven, cover with foil and let it rest for 30 minutes.
1. In a large cooking pot, combine the leftover ground beef and onions, canned chili and black beans.
2. Simmer over medium-high heat until combined and hot about 30 minutes.
3. Add the stewing meat, onions, and peppers (and all juices) to the pot.
4. Bring to a boil, and lower temperature to low, and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve with the left brown rice if desired; or add rice to pot, mix together and simmer for 10-15 minutes before serving.