Easy to Make Crock Pot Italian Beef
Something Yummy & Simple
Today is one of those days where I had time in the morning but the days will get chaotic as soon as the afternoon bells rings. It is the first week of school, the first day of soccer practice, and I am flying out of town tonight for an interview. Add to the mix that my mother in law is spending the night in order to get the kids to school in the morning. So I needed a dinner that could cook itself and be eaten in shifts. I tried desperately to make homemade mozzarella to go with this meal, but it was an udder failure and I am not sure I have the courage to ever try that again.
- approx 5 lbs chuck roast
- 1 packet italian seasoning
- 1 jar Giardinera
- 2 cubes beef boulion
- Place beef in the bottom of the crock pot
- Put enough water in the crock pot to cover the beef
- Mix in bullion cubes, and seasonings
- Cook on low for approximately 8 -10 hours
- Using two forks shred the meat. Add the giardinera to the mix.
- Serve on Italian Bread and top with mozzarella cheese if desired
This is the best because .. .
I didn't get a picture of the finished product since I was on a flight to DC and my hubby looks at me weird when I ask him to send me pictures of sandwiches. I did get some leftovers when I returned the next day and it was wonderful even then, made coming home to Chicago delicious.
The best part about this crock pot meal is there is no early morning prep, just throw everything in the pot and don't forget to turn it on, I have done that before. I love crock pot recipes but hate getting up early to dice, cut up, dip, or anything else.