Sooji Ladoo - An Easy to Make Dessert
Sooji Ladoo is easy to make and tastes great. Sooji Ladoos are famous across India and prepared during festivals.
The best part of this dessert is that you can make it way ahead of time and store it in an airtight container. Sooji Ladoos need not be refrigerated and do not spoil for about a month.
- 2 cups Sooji (Semolina), roasted till light brown and finely powdered
- 2 cups sugar, finely powdered
- 15 raisins, lightly roasted.
- 1 cup ghee (clarified butter), melted
- 2 spoons ghee (clarified butter), melted for roasting raisins
- Lightly roast the raisins in two spoons of melted ghee ( till the raisins absorb the ghee and slightly puff up). Remove and keep aside.
- Take a big bowl pour both the semolina powder and the sugar powder into the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the melted ghee all over the mixture. Mix well using a wooden spatula or a stainless steel ladle.
- Add the raisins and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool a little. Do not let it get very cold. Make small round balls.